samedi 29 avril 2023

Protective Cowboy - Whiskey Ridge Creek Book 4 by Lily-Mae Montana

 

Published on February, 9th, 2023

151 pages

Read : Digital

Back Cover

She left thirteen years ago.
Without a word.
And there hasn’t been a day go by that I haven’t thought about her.

Now she’s back in town.
Just showed up out of the blue.
I suppose it wasn’t really out of the blue.
Her estranged father passed away, and she’s back to settle his estate.
She breezes back into town.
Again, without even a hello.
What am I supposed to make of that?
She’d been my best friend growing up.
She’s the one I fell in love with.
Only she broke my heart.
I want to stay away, but something drives me to her doorstep.
And, damned if she hasn’t been keeping a big secret from me.
I have a son.

My Review

First, I want to thank the author for letting me reading this novel. I enjoyed the first boxset and I was curious to know what will happened to the others Wilde’s brothers. This time, it is the story of Beck with Lydia who left the town many moons ago. She came back to let him know that he had a 13 years old son and both does not take the news very well. I think it is the major point of the story and the fact that Lydia is not sure if she should give beck a second chance, even though she did not have a boyfriend since him.

Beck is still attracted to her, but he still trying to manage to see her again and the fact that he is now a dad. Like his brothers, he is not perfect, but the reader will learn to like him. The only complain I have is the novel is too short. I had the feeling that it could be a little longer and put more mystery around the relationship. I felt they hung out together too fast and they needed more time to forget what happened in the past, same thing about Lydia story. She had a secret, but does not let clues at the beginning. Maybe the reader will find her more likable, if they understood her.

It is a sweet romance, I read it almost in one time and if you liked the first tree books, you will enjoy this one. I recommend to start with book 1 (or the boxset) because some characters are coming back and you will understand more their interaction, if you know where they are coming from. I like the fact that the author uses a different trope for each book, so the reader will want to read them all.

My review of Boxset 1 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...