lundi 2 septembre 2024

Fiery Freedom by Crimson Nuage

 

Published September 9th, 2014

234 pages

I read the paperback version

Back Cover

Steven Roberts is a budding author based in Vancouver, Canada. When attending an author's conference in Phoenix, Arizona he is kidnapped by his #1 fan, Freedom Topaz with the intent of starting a romantic relationship with him. While he is apprehensive about the notion at first, the couple embark on a relationship that is unlike anything Steven had ever experienced, with a few twists along the way. In the end, Steven will learn that Freedom is unlike any woman he's been with, and questions whether she is "The One".**WARNING** This book is intended for a mature audience, and is recommended for those 18+

My review

I agree with the back cover, I recommend it for a mature audience, there is a few sex scene in the book and some of them can make people uncomfortable. Steven was almost forced a sleep with two different character and I found it a little cringe. This book definitely brough me out of my comfort zone.  I do not read erotica often, but I will say it’s the second book that touch my limit, but it was less bad that the first one. I keep the second for the first position.

If I had to choose my favorite character from this novel, I would choose Steven even though I do not agree with the choices he made. I just though he was interesting and less outside of the box than Freedom. When I think about It, he would be boring if he did take the right decided and he added spices at the story.

Freedom seems like a good gal, but she is not my favorite type of female character. Maybe it’s because she kidnapped Steven right at the beginning, but once again the book would not be the same without her. I know Steven might get the Stockholm syndrome, but I found her nicer by the end.

There is one character I could not stand, but I can’t tell you which one since she is a surprise in the book. After you read it, you will understand why. In the same time, I though she bought spices in the story was well.

Excerpts

I didn’t think I was worth all of this trouble. Yes, my first romance novel was a surprise hit- an accomplishment that overwhelmed me – however, to be in demand after writing one book was startling. I should have noticed the warning signs, but being the naïve person I can be, I decided to let things run their course. (p.2)

I’m a pretty shy guy to begin with. Aside from the signings and appearances, I probably would have just kept to myself, or stayed in my room the whole time. If I did run into any fans outside of the official events, it might be when I ventured down to the bar for a drink. (p.8)

I had a horrible experience with a former boyfriend in college. I haven’t been able to trust men ever since. When I read your book, I believed there were still decent men out there; ones who were kid, funny, sensitive, and warm. I thought you might have those same traits, and I was wishing I could meet you in person to see for myself. (p.24)

" No one said any art is easy, Steven. It’s difficult to find an audience to appreciate your creative work. It’s not just writers who suffer from it : painters, sculptures, designers, all of them are artists who do what they love in hopes they can be recognized. " (p.75)

Angela is a woman in her mid-20s Do women that age still go away with their parents? It might be a culture thing. (p.139)

 

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Beauty’s Beast by Lee Savino and Stasia Black

  Published on February 2020 224 pages I read the paperback version Back Cover “I’m going to teach you, sweetness. How to give yours...