lundi 12 août 2024

Falling in – Maple Cove Book 1 by Cassidy London

 

Published by Passion Bound Publishing on November 27 2020

258 pages

I read the paperback version

Back Cover

A fake relationship that was never supposed to turn real.

MATT
Carly Roberts has haunted me since the day I left her waiting for her senior prom corsage.
When I find her hitchhiking her way back to Maple Cove, it dawns on me that I might just have a second chance.
Except this time, it’s not a date that I need.
It’s a fiancée.

CARLY
Maple Cove is filled with secrets and lies but none as sinful as the way Matt Harris looks at me.
His touch ignites a fire but his words are like an ice storm.
And he’s not even the reason I came back home...
My life is a hot mess so posing as his fake fiancée won’t make it any better.
But maybe it will even the score between us?

Falling In is a fake relationship, second-chance romance. Family drama, blackmail and oh-so-kinky sexiness are what dominates in Maple Cove. If you like sizzling chemistry that can't be ignored and twisted family dynamics, then you will love Falling In -Book 1 of Cassidy London's Maple Cove series. Read Falling In and prepare yourself for the unexpected!

My review

It’s the first book I read from this author and I do not regret my choice. I would recommend it if you like romance because she is using trope that we see often in that genre. Fortunately, she added her own voice and you get easily attached to the characters.

The author wrote it by using two voices and changes it every chapters. I am always curious who woman wrote a men point of view and I think she did a good job with it. I did not like Matt at the beginning, but I did not much about it until a few chapters later.

It’s hard to choose between Carly and Matt, but I will give the first place to Carly because I connected more to this character. I know what is it to be hurt in the past and how hard is it to trust again. I am glad she opens up again, but I feel like it’s only the beginning of their adventure. I also enjoyed that she had to choose to go back to New York where her family was (even though she did not like them so much) or staying at Maple Cove where she had a chance to be finally happy. Since she had to deal with her family, it wasn’t an easy choice. I was flipping the pages hoping to find the answer.

Even though, I give him the second place, Matt is a lovable character. If you like nice bookboyfriend, you will enjoy this one. Since it’s starting with Carly point of view, I thought he really hurt her at first, but the situation is more complicated than it’s seem. I think the reader will be hooked until the end. The author had her way to make the reader to keep reading to find some answers.

It’s a easy book to read when you are on vacation or if you want to forget about real life. I am glad I had a chance to travel by reading the pages and I had a great time. I will put the author in my list of authors to follow.

Excerpts

Why was everything so difficult lately? From trying to make rent, to my family and their incessant drama, to know, just simply making the drive home. It all just seemed to be too much. (p.2)

Maple Cove wasn’t an awful place, it was just a town like any other. But a small town where everybody knew everybody else’s business. And I hated people all up in my business. (p.8)

It was going to be a rough night. Maybe coffee would have been a better choice. But this was my life, and I loved it. I saw no use in commitment and relationships. They only tied you down and kept you from working. Sex was one thing, but romance was for the weak mind. (p.59)

As I watched her squirm beneath my touch, I ached to keep her begging for hours. But I only had tonight, and it was already late. Every second counted. Every moment of burying myself in her sweet scent, the softness of her skin that made me so hard I could explode. Not to mention that discovering her dirty side had my mind racing with all the possibilities. (p.112)

" Do you know why I like to call you kitten, Carly? " I asked, still running my hands across her beautiful smooth skin.

" Tell me, " she answered, pushing her ass back into my hand.

" Because you are so sweet and gentle, but also have a mighty roar when your claws come out. " (p.172)

My interview with the author 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Beauty’s Beast by Lee Savino and Stasia Black

  Published on February 2020 224 pages I read the paperback version Back Cover “I’m going to teach you, sweetness. How to give yours...