mardi 24 octobre 2023

Interview with Cassidy London

 


Credit : https://www.facebook.com/CassidyLondonBooks/

Biography

Author Cassidy London, has been in love with scandalous steamy romanceever since she can remember. She loves the romantic escapism, women’s empowerment and

Cassidy has published 15 romance books since 2017.

Her most recent release is a dark romantic suspense called Shades of Lust. A short excerpt of this book was previously published in Seeds of Love, a charity anthology for the people of Ukraine, which raised over $8,000 to benefit United help Ukraine.

Cassidy also just published the anthology FIGHT LIKE A GIRL: A Charity Romance Anthology to Benefit Breast Cancer Research. As a recent breast cancer survivor herself, this is a cause that is very close to Cassidy’s heart. 100% of the royalties will be split equally and donated to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation & the Canadian Cancer Society-CIBC Run for the Cure, both charitable organizations dedicated to funding breast cancer research.

When she’s not writing or reading spicy books, Cassidy can be found masquerading as a wine drinking, yoga practicing, suburban mom in Montreal, Canada.

Credit : Cassidy London Books

Questions

What do you like the most about writing? 

I love everything! I’m a life-long reader and I just adore becoming completely immersed in a book. As an author, world-building and developing characters for others to love, is very fulfilling for me.

What struggles did you met when you wrote your first novel? 

Getting over the hump of imposter syndrome! Everything is so daunting when you first start out and many times you doubt your own abilities and creativity.

What advices will you give to a new author?

Read as much as you can! Reading in your genre, will make you a better writer. So will networking and making friends in the industry. Join a critique team or a business ideas team!

Do you listen to music when you are writing? If yes, do you have a special song? 

I do listen to music while working but only if I am doing administrative work. Usually the 90’s station!! When I’m writing however, I need complete silence.

What is the difference between writing in an anthology and a novel? 

Writing in an anthology is a fun way to offer your readers a little extra. It’s usually a short story or something similar like a bonus scene from a favorite series or a different POV from a favorite character. Whereas writing a novel, allows you to create a whole new world, write longer and go more in depth, both with the plot and the characters.

Do you prefer to write a series or a stand-alone? 

It really depends on the sub-genre. I have a steamy small-town series that I just adored writing. However, I also have a standalone dark romantic suspense that consumed me for months. I currently have 3 standalones and 3 series, so I guess I don’t have a preference, I really depends on the story and where it takes me.

Why did you decided to write romance?

It has always been my favorite genre to read, so when I began writing it was only natural to choose romance. Plus, there are so many different directions that you can go in romance. There’s really something for everyone.

What are your next projects? 

I’m currently in the plotting phase of a brand-new series so I can’t say too much about it yet. However, what I do know for sure, is that it will be set in the islands of the South Pacific and it will be as sizzling hot as the weather there!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...