lundi 19 août 2024

Big Bad Boss – Midnight by Renee Rose and Lee Savino

 

Published on February,29th 2024

298 pages

I read the paperback version

Back Cover

RULE #1 OF WALL STREET: DON’T HUNT WHAT YOU CANNOT EAT.
I’m the king of the business world. The Alpha of my pack. No one dares challenge me.
Except my new assistant.

She questions me to my face and calls me Big Bad Boss behind my back. When I give her an order, she asks me why, with all my billions, I can’t afford some manners.

Worse, the little human smells like temptation. She dresses to kill, and I want to sink my teeth into her.

One day my control’s going to snap, and a wolf never stops hunting until he’s claimed his prey.

Midnight is book one in the Big Bad Boss trilogy. It features a billionaire boss-hole wolf shifter and his freakishly smart assistant set in the Bad Boy Alpha world created by Renee Rose and Lee Savino.

My review

It’s the first book I read from both authors. I got it at Ignite your soul and it was a great surprise. I wasn’t expecting it was a werewolf’s story which I don’t read that often, but I enjoyed it. I didn’t feel it was a 4 hands story, the writing was fluid and each chapter added at the book. I found a great balance between plot action and filler.

My favorite character was Madi. I loved strong and independent woman and she did not fall for her boss at the first glance. The reader can see that something will happens the second they met, but the relationship took time to develop and I like that in romance. I don’t like when they end up in bed at the beginning. Even though she is taking her distance with them, her family is important for her. You can see that she cares for her brother.

I liked Brick in general, but he is a typical Alpha that you often find in romance. If you read a boss/assistant story before, you might find a lot of point in common. It’s not extraordinary, but I had a great time imagining scene with him. He is the type of male character that I like to meet once a while in book. Not sure I would give him a chance in real life, but a woman can dream. It was great to forget about reality for a moment. Just like Madi, I feel Brick cares for his family. I even liked his sister Ruby; I wonder if she will be back in the next book.

Please note it’s a trilogy, do not be surprise if you need to read the next one to complete the story. It’s not a one-stand.

Excerpts

" I know I should want this, but I just..don’t. I’m burnt out. I’m done believing the lie that if I just keep my head down and study hard, I’ill eventually fit with the one percent. " (p.1)

" Yes! Listen. This could be perfect. You should do this. You can quietly use it as your sociology research. Just think of the insight you could gather on the one percent. Or the book you could write! You’re exactly the kind of person who could topple empires. Exact true social change. " (p.4)

I don’t know why I told New Girl to stay in the room, but her muttered comment about being punishment makes me sprout a chub. I’d definitely love to punish the one. Fold her over my desk and smack her ass while she moans for more. Of course, I wouldn’t. (p.17)

The growl rumbles out of me, startling us both. My wolf can’t old back. Her eyes go round, and more color floods her cheeks. Any other human would be cowering with her head down. My wolf never growls in public, not in front of a human. He knows the rules. But something about Madison makes him wild. (p.70)

" You seems more of the bleeding heart type. Not one to sell out for money. " (p.130)

I think I might go for it. Worst case scenario-I get fired or quit because it ruins things. I got this job- I can find another. Best case- I experience some really hot sex with a famous person and have a story for the rest of my life. It’s like sleeping with a rock star while they’re on tour. I don’t expect I’ll mean anything to him, but it’s a merit badge in life experience. (p.145)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Beauty’s Beast by Lee Savino and Stasia Black

  Published on February 2020 224 pages I read the paperback version Back Cover “I’m going to teach you, sweetness. How to give yours...