jeudi 18 janvier 2024

Thief in Paris by Ivy Marie

 



Published on May 1st, 2023

164 pages

I read the paperback version

Backcover

Darcie
I'm in Paris for a friend. I shouldn't be having a fling with the blue-eyed man I met at a cafe. The man with a charming smile and wicked tongue. He makes me feel special. I know I should be keeping my distance. I understand that this chemistry between us shouldn't follow me home. He's just a Paris fling. But, when I discover a secret of his, everything changes. I don't want anything to do with him. Can I move on when he won't let me go? Do I even want to let him go?

Le Corbeau
I'm in Paris for business. I never expected to see the beautiful hazel-eyed woman here. She doesn't recognize me without my mask. That's okay. It’s better this way. She only wants a fling, but I want more. I'm determined to steal her heart and keep her by my side even after Paris. It was all perfect until she uncovered my secret. Now she wants nothing to do with me. I will do anything to have her back, but is it enough? Will she forgive me?

My review

It’s a cute contemporary romance with a little surprise because we do not know who is Le Corbeau until we reach the 75% of the book. Darcie thinks is dealing with two guys and maybe she is right, maybe she is not.

It’s hard to choose which character I like the most between Darcie and Le corbeau, but I will give the first place at Darcie. I wish Le Corbeau was stealing to give it back at the society, but he is not exactly like Robin Hood. Darcie did not have it easy especially at the end of the novel. She is a bit sarcastic and it’s something I like to read. She knows what she wants and she go for it. I could say the same thing about Le Corbeau. He is living in the shadows for so long, I wonder why he did it not got caught.

Since the story is happening in Paris, I am glad the author put some sentences in France. For those who are not bilingual, you will find a glossary at the end of the novel. I think it brings something more realistic at the story and it’s only a few words while the characters were talking.

If you read lots of romance like me, it would not be a surprise, but I think it’s a good story to cheer yourself up and forgot about winter. The author brought a few surprises, so it’s worth to read it until the end.

Excerpts

My turn to frown. " I’m a bad judge of boyfriends. "

" You’ve had one. "

" And it turned out horribly. "

" Not every man you meet will be like Phillip. " (p.68)

His lips twisted into a smile. " I like you. What’s your name? "

" My name is not interested, and you can reach me at 1-800-let-me go. " (p.88)

I fell hard. She stole my heart. I was supposed to steal her heart. The depression of not having ger by my side or even being able to talk to her got me. I stopped going to work, unable to concentrate. (p.135)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...