lundi 1 janvier 2024

Essence Redeemed by Carey Decevito

 

Published on November 10, 2018 by Emberlust Press

170 pages

I read the paperback version

Backcover

Darkness falls onto the world…When attacks spread worldwide, Payton knows she’s at the helm of the greatest battle the Fae have ever seen.Panic reigns, evil is at every turn, and embracing her destiny is the only way. Meeting the council—on her Scottish ancestral grounds—seems rather self-explanatory, but she soon discovers tradition dictates their decision-making.With Rafe, his family, Fae friends, witches, and an oracle at her back, will she cave to the old ways, or seek out new means for her kind? While unknowns lurk at every turn, threatening to thwart the new Royal in her quest for salvation, it’s clear nothing is certain…and evil may actually prevail if her plans crumble.

My review

I have to tell you; my favorite of the trilogy is book 2. I liked the meeting with the council, it turned out intrigued and it was one of the reasons why I keep reading until the end. The link with the darkness was interesting. I was wondering how the author will turn it out. I liked Payton and Rafe relationship who get into troubles once again. This couple had more problem than they needed. I will let you discover if it’s the case.

I didn’t notice the link with the witches before reading this book and since I was a huge fan of Charmed, I liked that part. It was my favorite part of the book. Even though, the character is not always nice, I give my star to Elizabeth, right next to Lana. They weren’t noticeable until the end, but the author surprised me with them.

I suggest to read Book 1 and 2 before so you really know the protagonist and you will understand more what is happening to them. The books are short, so if you are not a fast reader it can be a good suggestion. At the beginning I thought it was a sci-fi series, but the book 3 is more fantasy with a touch of romance.

Excerpts

I love lazy Saturdays. Nothing beats the warmth of being cocooned under piles of fluffy blankets, the silence, the comfort in feeling safe, of being so relaxed your body just melts into the mattress with the sense of no cares. (p.9)

I saw the moment my Payton faded away and something more powerful seemed to take over, all within her eyes. As freaky as it was, she seemed to to embrace the change and that had me feeling a little more settled. (p.54)

" I didn’t have to. I know you. " He took me in his arms and hugged me to his chest. " The vultures will have you to themselves tomorrow, so I figured I might as well have you to myself tonight " (p.99)

My review of Book 1 

My review of Book 2 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...