mardi 1 août 2023

Rough Cowboy - Whiskey Ridge Creek Book 5 by Lily- Mae Montana

 

166 pages

I read the digital version

Back Cover

I was living the rodeo cowboy dream.
Touring the Circuit and banging the buckle bunnies.
Until my brother's best friend gets knocked up, and there is the possibility I'm the dad ... me or my brother ...It's complicated.

What's more complicated is I've fallen head over boots for the mama-to-be.
And my brother isn't on board.
Hell, the mama-to-be isn't on board.
Truthfully, I'm not on board.
I'm not the find a wife, settle down, and have kids sort of guy.
That's my brother.
Plus, we hate each other.
Always have.
That's why we were dynamite in the sack.
So, why don't I pack my bags and hit the road as I've always done?
How do I end up staying at my brother's ranch directly across the hall from her?
And, more importantly, how the hell did I end up naked and in the bath with her ... again?

My review

This is the fifth book of the series and the author surprise me every time with a new theme. I suggest to read them in order, but every book is different and the protagonist is a new character. It is better to read them in order because some characters are coming back because the main characters are brothers and each of them have their own novel.

You do not have to be a huge fan of cowboy to enjoy the story because it’s the romance and the family that are the main themes. This time, it is Lena ‘sister that is pregnant and people do not know who is the father. The reader can easily guess the identity, but I could not put the book down to discover the characters’ reaction. Like the other novels of the series, each chapters made me want to keep reading until the end.

To be honest, I enjoyed it, but it was my least favorite novel of the series. I could not connect with Elsie’s problem and Silver is not my favorite brother, but it was a cute story. If you like romance in general, I think you will enjoy reading this series. I also like the fact that the family and the community are important. I think it’s something that is missing in real life, so it reminds me when life was simpler and when people were there for each other. 

My review of bookset 1-3 

My review of Book 4 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...