vendredi 25 août 2023

Billionaire Untamed – Tate by J.S. Scott

 


Published on January 27th, 2015

210 pages

I read the paperback version

Backcover

Lara Bailey isn't in Rocky Springs for the hot springs, the resort activities or the fabulous skiing. She has come to Colorado for one reason and one reason only: to find and get close to Marcus Colter, the eldest Colter brother. Unfortunately, trouble finds her in the form of Tate Colter rather than Marcus. The youngest Colter brother is arrogant, cocky, smart, and tenacious in his attempts to find out why she wants to find Marcus even though she's never met him. Lara isn't willing to divulge that information, and Tate is determined to uncover her motives. It makes Tate one hot, wickedly sexy, adorably dimpled, alpha male pain in her backside.Lara is really confused when Tate helps her out of a difficult and potentially dangerous situation. It leaves Lara wondering if he really is the cocky, arrogant jerk that he pretends to be, or if there isn't much more to Tate Colter than she'd initially thought.

Tate Colter wants Lara Bailey in his bed...badly. When she completely blows him off and ignores him when they meet, he's even more determined to find out her secrets and get her to submit to the molten desire that radiates between the two of them. The fact that she's one tough female, a woman who can give back exactly what he dishes out, makes her even more intriguing to him. Sparks fly as Tate and Lara become involved in a battle of wits and wills that will ignite flames of passion and desire like neither one of them have ever experienced. But when deception is discovered and a betrayal takes place, can these two adversaries who are so much alike work together without letting the white-hot passion burning between them incinerate them both?

My review

I got this book when I met the author at Romancing the falls in 2019 and I am wondering why I waited so long to read it.  This is the first book from J.S. Scott that I read and I recommend it if you like romance. I enjoyed it from the first to the last page. It is reminded me the two novels (arrangement with a billionaire and the billionaire fantasy) that I read from Mandy Rosko. It is not something that I will read every day, but once a while it is great to imagine what is like to have someone who take care of you especially when you need help.

I like Laura’story. We do not know much about her job and I feel at the end she is taking a decision that I would I got more details, but she is a strong woman just like I like to find in romance. I thought the protagonist felt in love fast, but it is typical in romance books. Fortunately, the author put enough details to make it believable. Tate is also a great character. I imagine him looking just like the guy on the cover and it make me enjoying the story even more.

I like the fact that the story is happening in Colorado during the skiing season. It does not happen a lot in the novels I usually read. I saw a few pictures from that state and it is beautiful, so I just let my imagination driving me while I was reading.

 

The author wrote a lot of books about billionaire, but you do not have to read them all to understand what is happening in this one.  I could easily follow the characters and understand the events without reading another book just like it was a stand-alone.

Excerpts

Honestly. Lare would rather be almost anywhere else other than where she was right now-what looked to be big, fabulous playground for the wealthy. She hated the flirty dress and power heels she wore : footwear that had nearly made her fall on her ass as she exited the elevator and caught the thin heel of her shoe in the small metal opening that accommodated the sliding door. (p.2)

" Any man who would stray from your side doesn’t deserve a second thought. " He straightened and lightly grasped her chin and turned it upward so her eyes met his. " Don’t let any guy fuck with your head. He isn’t worth it. " (p.8)

She lost, and she reveled in defeat, letting this man who made her feel like a woman command her. He made the rules and she happily followed, intoxicated with not having to think, to just respond. Although he dominated, she’d never felt safer than she did right now, or more desired and wanted. (p.38)

Nothing and nobody had tugged at her feminine instincts like Tate did, She’d spent years being tough, trying to keep pace in a male-dominated profession. She couldn’t afford to be anything except businesslike and impersonal, better than everyone else at what she did because she was a woman, and she had lived for her job for a very long time. (p.91)

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...