jeudi 30 mars 2023

Hers to own – The Vault series by Anne Lange

 

Published on March 15, 2016

295 pages

Back Cover

He’ll teach her to love her body…one spanking at a time. Brienna Morgan has worked hard to look good. Ten years ago she stuck to the shadows, watching the popular kids, wishing she could be one of them. But when they weren’t calling her cruel names, nobody noticed the smart overweight girl with the glasses. So when she braves her high school reunion and runs into Kade McBride, the boy she loved from afar, the last thing she wants is for him to remember her. It is bad enough she still sees that girl every time she looks in the mirror. But Kade does remember—and he makes it impossible for Brie to refuse to go out with him.

She is not convinced it is a good idea, but she cannot pass up the opportunity to be part of the in crowd. Kade had no desire to go to his high school reunion. As far as he is concerned, he would rather forget those days. Especially the day he screwed up and left his best friend to pay the ultimate price. But when he sees the gorgeous woman enter the gym, he is immediately drawn to her. Regardless of her claims that she is not the girl he thinks he remembers, Kade realizes maybe he has been given a second chance to right at least one wrong from his past. And he is determined not to throw this opportunity away, even if he must tie Brienna to a spanking bench to prove his point

My review

This is the second book from this author that I read, but the first that I review. I had read a few books in the same genre, so I had an idea about what was going to happen before I open it, but I recommend it for people over 18 years old. Some scenes can be shocking for certain, in my case I thought it was just perfect because it was not hard BDSM and love was the main point of the story, so I did enjoy it.

I give my star to Brienna who is exactly the kind of character I like to see in a novel. Like most of most, she had difficulties to accept her body and lucky her, she met someone who will help her with that. I am not saying it is the best way to do it, but it worked for her. At the end, Brienna is stronger than she thought at the beginning. I also liked Jamie, her best friend who add a little humour in the story. She stayed by her side during this journey.

Kade come in second in my list of favorite characters and it is only because I really appreciate Brienna evolution. When I read erotica, I always wait before making up my mind about the male protagonist. For Kade, I like the fact that he helped Brienna to accept who she really is. His method is out of ordinary, but I think it is one of the reasons why I enjoy the book. It was different from what I usually read.

I did not find any boring moment in the novel, it was a fast pace reading. It only took me 3 days to end it because I wanted to know what will happens next. The chapters are short and make the reader want to keep reading. The characters are addicting and in some ways we can relate to them. If you never read erotica, might be one of the books you will want to start.

Excerpts

They may have been little words for him, but they were a big leap for her. One she wasn’t ready to take. One she wasn’t sure she would ever be ready to take. (p.8)

Only two men in her life loved her because of who she was and not what she looked like. There were only two she trusted enough to give away her affection. One was her cat, and she chose to ignore the fact that Patches only loved her because she fed him with tuna. (p.37)

" I don’t want to blow him away, Jamie. I want him to fall at my feet. " (p.45)

" …You’d would be amazed at how many people in life don’t receive prise for doing a good job. Part of being a submissive is discovering both your Dom’s needs and your own. Subs need to believe in and trust their Dom. A good Dom cares for you, is completely honest with you, but will push your established boundaries. (p.79)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...