mardi 27 septembre 2022

Interview with Elaine Marie

 


Biography

A Jersey girl at heart! I love to write, read and spend time with my husband and children. I love to watch Football & Hockey-and read in my spare time.

Credit for picture and biography: Amazon.com: Elaine Marie: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

Questions 

What do you like the most about writing? 

To be honest, this started out as a hobby, but if I am truly honest with myself, it’s kind of like therapy- the voices that create these stories have somthing to tell. I’m just the one to put it on paper. 

What struggles did you meet when you wrote your first novel? 

My first novel/ novella- Because I Can was a battle. I wanted a college romance, but voices gave me a struggle and even more of a life challenge.  While the voices took control of the story, it took my soul and a life of its own. It was a need to be said “uncomfortable- but happens” reality, and I believed in it, and the stroy needed to be told. 

Why did you decide to write novel/novella? 

Pure pressure from indie-author friends telling me- “you need to publish this” after providing a short story of my own writing, to see if I could do it. 

 

What advices will you give to a new author? 

Never give up! 

Find people who believe in you. The support system is everything. Believe in yourself!! I have 15 published books at the moment. No banners, but I’m proud and honored to have what I have and my supporters.

Just know, when the anxiety  of a release of a new book comes- it’s always “the first time“ pull your panties up  and smile. 

 

Do you prefer to write series or stand-alone and why? 

Hard question. My stand-alones seem to become series. There is always a sister/ brother/ friend or someone who wants a story of there own when I’m done with the original story.

 

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?  

Boy, this is hard. I love them all, but if I have to say:If you want to know me as a writer: Living- not a Novella just short of a novel, BUT has it all. From loss to living to love, Oh My! 18+

 

BUT : The Johndon Sisters Trilogy, my most recent is my heart. My own growing up hometown- I’m a stright to the point - real life writer. So this story is the longest series I have, and #teaneckstrong love where I was brought up and included it into these stories.

 

What are your future projects?

Where ever the voices take me. Only they can show or tell me. Hope you follow me to see 🥰

Facebook.com/EMariebooks

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...