samedi 30 juillet 2022

Interview with Renee Hewett


Biography

Renee Hewett writes spicy paranormal and sci-fi romance. She’s lived in western New York, central Texas, and Canada (prairies and central). She loves sparkles, cats, true crime, and her day job in marketing.

Credit : Renee Hewett Books - BookBub

Questions

Which challenges did you met when you wrote your first book?

The first NaNoWriMo I finished (getting a book to 50k) was challenging to get all the words in. I’ve since discovered that I like writing shorter, and that’s okay! I’ve never gotten another book to 50k!

What are the major differences between writing a short story and a novella?

My short stories tend to be around 10k words, and my novellas around 20k. My short stories don’t have a whole lot of character development and are usually just looking at one event (say, a first date between characters). My novellas usually have a bit longer timeline for the characters, so they have time to do some self-discovery and development that helps them to earn their love interest by the end.

What do you like the most about writing for another author’s world?

I tend to be an author that likes to be given a world to play in. The more settings and characters a world gives me, the more enjoyable I find it. Writing in shared worlds saves me time, because I don’t have to create all these side characters and locations myself. I can just pop my characters in there and have fun with it!

What advice will you give to a new author?

Honestly, I tell everyone to take Becca Syme’s “Write Better Faster” course. She has an entire system that is about learning about your strengths, and learning to take advice that works for you and weed out that which doesn’t. This isn’t a one size fits all industry, and embracing our differences is what enables us to succeed!

What do you like the most about romance novels?

I think human connection is one of the most important things we can experience in life, and I am drawn to romance novels (both reading and writing them) because I love when people can find love, understanding, and acceptance.

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

“Angel’s Fury” is the first book in a new series Mandy and I have started. An ancient fury finds her lost love reincarnated in a human man, but Lucifer has some schemes in place that might stop them from having a happily ever after!

What are your future projects?

I’m currently working on several books with Mandy Rosko. We’re hoping to get at least one new Amazon/Kindle Unlimited novella up each month! I’m excited about « Flame and Mist » coming out in the Crimson Moon Hideaway world on September 22! A fire fairy with a curiosity about water creatures falls for a merman while they’re staying at the resort!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Nightshade – Book 3 – Night Hunt by Carey Decevito

  Published on 2020, November 10 th 206 pages I read the papierback version Backcover Two disappearances… Lives forever altered… ...