samedi 30 juillet 2022

Dragon Princess Treasured Love by Renee Hewett

 


Published on February 21st, 2020

88 pages

Back cover

Claire Shimmerscale, a dragon shifter and treasure hunter for the elder council, finds her mate and spies on him until she's captured in his net. Despite it not being allowed, she gives in to her passion. But when the dragon council instructs her to send him packing, she has no choice but to obey.

Dustin Springs returns to his hometown of Blue Creek to lick his wounds after being dumped by Claire and learning the truth about her kind. The dragonesses use men and dispose of them when they have no more use. But when she shows up carrying his child, can Dustin forgive her before it’s too late?

This paranormal romance novella features dragon shifters and wolf shifters. It’s book one in the Draconia Outcasts series, but can be read as a standalone. It is part of Milly Taiden’s Sassy Ever After World, and features the town of Blue Creek and several of the Wolfe pack!

My review

This is the first novella from this author and the second from this world. I enjoyed it; I just wish it was a little longer. You do not have to read the other books to understand the story, but some characters are coming back. It’s also the first book of the Draconia Outcast from the Sassy ever after series.

Usually, I am not a fan of dragons, but I thought it would be nice something new. I also recommend to read Dragon Steel from Jodi Kendrick. It's the one who motivate me to continue this series. This series have it own world and it’s perfect to forget about real life. Even if you do not like shapeshifter you might find something interesting if you are a romance reader.

My favorite character was Claire. I like when a Princess do not sit on her butt and get what she wants. The story itself did not surprise me because I read a few novels with this trope, but it what I like to find in romance. Dustin is a werewolf and Claire people did not accept him and I was curious to see how it will turn. I also liked him. He was a bit different from the other male protagonist I am used to.

If you are looking something short or try romance books from the first time, It's the perfect novel to start with. There are a few erotica scenes in it, but not enough if you do not like them. They bring something at the story.


My review of Dragon Steel 

My interview with the author 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Nightshade – Book 3 – Night Hunt by Carey Decevito

  Published on 2020, November 10 th 206 pages I read the papierback version Backcover Two disappearances… Lives forever altered… ...