samedi 12 février 2022

Honeyed Nut by Jodi Kendrick

 


Published on February 15th, 2022

Back cover

A kid. A mission. A second chance.

Bears don’t fly.

At least this one didn’t until FUC dropped a retrieval case in his lap with snickering designs to reunite him with his one true love.

And this particular squirrel can’t let go of the past, or can she?

How can Bear and Maggie overcome two decades of separation when presented with the ultimate second chance, while rescuing a vulnerable groundhog from devious rogue scientists?

This book is part of Eve Langlais' Furry United Coalition ‘F.U.C.’ EveL Worlds.

My review

It's the first book I read from this author and I think she have lot of potential. This novel is from Eve Langlais’world and it's also the first time I read something like this. The idea is great, but I also love to know if Jodi uses the same sense of humour in her other writing. I'm curious to read her others books to make up my mind. 

The relationship between Bear and Maggie is great. If you love second chance, I recommend it. You do not have to read other books from Evel World to understand the story, but I wish I read Jodi's first novel from this world. My favorite character is Maggie. She made me laugh and brought some sparks in the story. Bear also have his own sense of humour. 

The intrigue is fine, I did not find any death moments and I read it in only few hours. I'm interested to read more books from her just to get a complete idea about her writing. I am also curious to know more about Bryah who is a secondary character is this novel. 

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...