samedi 14 septembre 2024

Beauty’s Beast by Lee Savino and Stasia Black


 

Published on February 2020

224 pages

I read the paperback version

Back Cover

“I’m going to teach you, sweetness. How to give yourself fully to me.”
Her chest rises and falls rapidly. But her gaze doesn’t leave mine. “I don’t know if I can do that.”
“You don’t have to do a thing.” I can’t stop myself from reaching out and touching her hair. My hand is huge by her face. I grip one of her damp locks, swallowing it in my fist. “Just let go and be mine.”

My review

This book might not be for everyone. It’s a dark romance and some events can make some reader uncomfortable. It’s not my case. Actually, it’s one of my favorite books I read this September. It’s not a genre I would read over and over, but I like getting out of my comfort zone once a while.

I felt the Beauty and the Beast vibe in the book and trust me it’s the darkest version I read. I couldn’t finish the previous one, but this time I almost read it in one shot. I never read a book from Stasia, but I put her on my list of authors to follow just like Lee which I read two books since Ignite your soul.

Beast is a really dark character. I was almost scare of Daphne and was hoping that she will escape. Fortunately, he surprises me more than one time. He is the type of character I like to find in books (in books only), because I can really escape from real life. I would recommend it for 18 years old and more reader. There is a few intimate and BDSM scene.

It’s not the first time I see a character like Daphne (a unexperienced woman when it come to sex, but she had a head on her shoulders). It could get on my nerves if I was only reading that genre, but since I changed the type of books every once a while, it’s did not. I was hoping she was making the right decision, but the book would be boring if she did.

Excerpts

" I slept a little. I think. " I stretch my neck to the side and rotate my shoulder. My muscles creak and crunch in protest. Pretty sad for twenty-six years, almost twenty-seven-year-old. " And I am not a genius. " (p.8)

If this was a horror movie, I’d definitely be the first to die. Dumb girl walking into the dark alone. Then again, I’m a virgin. Don’t they kill the virgins last? (p.30)

" In New Olympus, evil doesn’t have to wear a mask. It parades around, looking beautiful, for all to see. But underneath it’s rotten to the core. " (p.36)

" You think this will break me? " I blurt before I can stop myself. " I can handle cold and hunger. But if the temperature drops much more, I might not survive the night " I can list the exact effects of exposure on the body, but I bite my tongue. (p.58)

When Mom got sick. When Dad said it was up to us to save her. I clenched, got down to it and studied my ass off. Mom died and I clenched even harder, hold it all in, don’t let anyone see, Dad needs you, be strong for him, for all the people still struggling with Battleman’s disease. (p,81)

My interview with Lee Savino 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Beauty’s Beast by Lee Savino and Stasia Black

  Published on February 2020 224 pages I read the paperback version Back Cover “I’m going to teach you, sweetness. How to give yours...