dimanche 13 novembre 2022

Interview with Jillian Long



Questions 

Where did you get the idea of Hot Pink Pottery?

The idea for Hot Pink Pottery came from a desire to share my pottery journey. I didn’t even really see myself selling any pieces at the time, I just wanted to share what I was making.

Which struggles did you met when you first started?

I struggled a lot with pottery at first. The only goal I had when I started was to make a functional mug, and that took me about three months, once I started actively trying. I even hit a point where I felt like I either wanted to give up forever, or make this my new passion. Obviously you know which way that went. 

Where can we buy your pottery? 

Currently I sell mostly in person, however if you see something that interests you on my instagram you can DM or email me. I am working on a website, but it likely won’t be active for a while. But for now, find me @hotpinkpottery on Instagram!

Which advices will you give to someone who wants to start his own business? 

Pursue something that you’re passionate about. Tying the expectation of money to anything automatically makes doing that thing harder, so make sure that you love doing that thing or it will be even more if an uphill battle. Also know your worth. Don’t lowball your stuff to try and get that sale. When costing out your pieces calculate how many hours it took to make that piece, how much you want to make per hour, as well as the cost of the materials. Artists work has value and you deserve to make a living wage for that work. If somebody doesn’t want to pay that, those people are not your customers. Your customers will appreciate what you do and what you need to charge to do it.

What are your next projects? 

Keep doing pottery! I’d like to get the website up and going, but that’s a long term goal.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...