dimanche 11 septembre 2022

Interview with J.M. Walker


 Picture credit : J.M. Walker (Author of Possessed by You) (goodreads.com)

Biography

J.M. Walker, a Canadian author, is an Amazon bestseller who also hit USA Today with Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology. She loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

Credit :  About | authorjmwalker (aboutjmwalker.com)

Questions

Why did you decided to write about romance?

I’ve been an avid reader my whole entire life. I actually remember the very first book I ever read in Kindergarten and it was a horror. Lol! Fast forward a million years and my Aunt gave me the idea to try and write my own story. I gave it a shot and I’ve now written over 50 novels.

What do you like the most about writing?

Revising the first draft. I don’t edit as I write, so when I go to do revisions, it’s like I’m reading it for the very first time all over again because months could have passed since I started it. Now mind you, it’s a lot of work fixing it up because, so editing as I write might make the process easier with timelines and things like that. But I like a challenge, so I’ll stick with what I know. For now.

Which advices will you give to a new author?

Be patient. Also, do your research. If someone tells you that an editor, cover designer, formatter, etc, is amazing, make sure you do some research on those services because what could work for someone else, may not work for you.

Which struggles did you met when you wrote your first novel?

I was impatient. If I could go back and do it all over again, I wouldn’t have rushed the process. But live and learn.

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

I always tend to recommend Broken Scars. It’s a standalone, dark romance, and it took me 6 years to write and several more months to fix it up with my team’s help. I struggled with that book, so it’ll always hold a special spot in my heart.

What are your future projects?

Right now I’m finishing up The Next Generation Series and then I have a few standalone novels that I want to write and publish. After that, I have another MC series that I really can’t wait to write. It’s MC (motorcycle club) with a twist. 😉


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...