dimanche 11 juillet 2021

Sin on the run by Lucy Farago

 


Published on April 26, 2016

282 pages

Back Cover

There are some secrets even Las Vegas's 24/7 glitter can't hide. Lucy Farago's dazzling new series ups the ante as a fiery stripper fights to protect an elite detective from danger--and both their killer pasts…
Living in the red-hot now is how Rhonda Deagan survives. Onstage, this sexy Goth stripper always stays on top, no matter how much her real-life dreams shatter. So why not risk a scorching fling with a gorgeous groomsman after her best friend's wedding? Too bad Blake Cameron is in someone's lethal sights. And saving this cool-headed investigator's life just put Rhonda on the run with him--and on his personal, oh-so-seductive hit list…

For Blake, figuring out who doesn't want him dead is easier than keeping his new raven-haired friend safe. The only way he can buy time to out-think their pursuers is to hide them both in the aristocratic world he thought he'd escaped. But there's no escaping the incendiary attraction between him and Rhonda. Walking the knife-edge between desire, lies, and naked truth may be their best chance to live--if it doesn't cut too deep to survive…

My review

Just like Bitten, it took me 5 days to read the entire novel, but it was not because I did not like it. There is a lot of actions just like in book 1 and you need to focus to understand the story.

This book is different from the first, but I found similarities. I recommend to read Sin on the Strip before to understand the background of the characters. Some of them are back even though they are not the main protagonist.

Rhonda is an interesting character. Some people might thing she is selfish at the beginning, but we discover why she protect herself that much and why she was dancing in Maggie’s club. She has a heart of gold just like her employer and I started to like her more while I was reading. She might be cold and not afraid to kick asses, but she also can be sweet.

Blake is the type of male character I love to read in romance. He is a mixt of James Bond and James Fraser. He has flaws just like everyone is real life and I think this is why I like him that much. He has a good sense of humour and he can deal with Rhonda ‘sarcastic side. She does not always have a filter and it is funny when they are arguing.

If you like thriller, this is the novel for you. This author has the talent to write breathtaking stories and her writing is a good mixt of romance, action and erotica. I even like Blake’s family. They bring another point of view and the reader learn to understand his mom. You have to be patient before you meet them, but it totally worth it.

I wish this novel was a movie, so I could see some Scotland landscape. I saw some of it in Outlander, but it’s something I am never tire to see and I want to see Blake’s place.

After reading 2 of her books, Lucy Farago is on my list of favorite authors and I can’t wait to read the rest of her bibliography.

Excerpts

"It’s not the same thing, " she insisted.

" How is it different? "

Because, Rhonda thought, Maggie didn’t resent her giving nature. " Maggie can’t help herself. I had no choice. Now, " (p.68)

"….His section of women’s fiction is a little light. Do you read? "

" When I have time. "

" What do you like? "

" Anything I wasn’t forced to read in school. " (p.77)

" It’s not easy doing something you hate when you feel you have no choice. Even knowing it’s your only choice doesn’t make it better. " (p.87)

"You’ve spent so much time creating and hiding that persona, that you forget it’s not you. But you want people to think it is. You count on people judging on your looks. But some of us aren’t like that. And I don’t appreciate you doing it to me. " (p.113)


My review of Sin on the Strip 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Le chant des braises de Fanny Rainville

  Publié chez libre expression le 10 avril 2024 304 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture « Mes racines se désagrègent en con...