mercredi 26 mai 2021

Sin on the strip – Women of Vegas by Lucy Farago

 



Published on September 4, 2020 (new edition)

283 pages

Back Cover

Until her life was threatened, Maggie Anderson counselled women on the streets. Although her club now grants her access to those in need, her inability to regain her courage torments her. But when a serial killer targets those she fights to help, she’ll have to trust the man who could expose her secrets…or risk becoming the next victim.

Top private investigator, Christian Beck is certain the man who murdered his sister has renewed his killing spree. But staying ahead of the killer is proving as difficult as protecting the headstrong woman who heats his blood in more ways than he cares to admit.
Opening their eyes to the Vegas lights can be blinding…closing them, deadly.

My Review

This is the second time I read this book because I did not have a blog at the time and I liked it so much, I could not share my opinion with you. I have 6 books from this author in my TBR list and I am planning to read them all before the end of 2021. Now that I got into her Women of Vegas series, I can wait to read the next stories. For now, the series have 4 books and you can find two of them with a new cover.

Lately, I reviewed a book in the same genre and I was a bit disappointed that the story did not have a strong intrigue. This is not the case with this novel. I even think it’s the strong point of the author, she can switch from romance to intrigue. If you read the book until the end, you will ger answers to your question, you learn enough about the antagonist to understand his acts and the relationship between the main characters is everything but boring.

I like that the story is happening in Vegas. I never went to this city, but I might want to visit it after I read the complete series. The author does not talk a lot about Las Vegas in this book, but you can feel her energy in her writing.

Maggie is exactly the type of female character I like to read about. She is strong and sometime she does not listen other people advice, but you get attached to her She can be nice or your worst nightmare depending of how you are acting with her. She always gives her dancers their options to get a better life and she is there for them no matter what. She even risks her life for the people she loves. She also afraid to disappoint her parents and I can connect with her on that point.

Christian Beck is also my type of character. He is mysterious at the beginning and he opens himself while he is working with Maggie. The first chapter like your think that he is hiding a secret just like Maggie and the author let enough clue so the reader just want to keep going without closing the book. I like the fact that he is a strong character but also more down to earth than Maggie. He can sit down with her and make her realized that some of her choices put her life in danger.

I love that their relationship is well developed. They don’t fall in love in the first pages and they take their time before going further. The passion is there from their first met, but the author wrote it in a way you can believe it’s true. I also like the fact the intrigue is not talking all of the book. The romance and the characters evolution are more important even though the intrigue is linked to the characters development.

I recommend it, if you like romance with a good intrigue. I promise you won’t be disappointed.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Le chant des braises de Fanny Rainville

  Publié chez libre expression le 10 avril 2024 304 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture « Mes racines se désagrègent en con...