dimanche 30 mai 2021

Royally Twisted by Elle Boon


Published on March 9, 2019

191 pages

Back Cover

A broken hearted Ivy will need more than just flowery words to see she’s worthy of love and Tymber is the man who will show her she’s stronger than even she knows.

Ivy needs a warrior…leaves one home and runs to the only other home she’s ever known, until tragedy strikes, leaving her spinning with nothing to catch her this time. Her best friend taking his life and the family she thought loved her like one of their own pointing accusing fingers toward her leaves her with an emptiness she’s felt only one other time. 

Tymber is a survivor, a fighter He’s fought wars in foreign countries, lost his mother to breast cancer and still he fought. Now, as a man who prides himself on being strong, he battled with insecurities after finding himself facing that same disease

A chance meeting…Tymber knew the moment he sees Ivy something is different with her. She wasn’t broken, just a little bent and he is just the man to fix her. He just didn’t know how close he’d been to losing her before he’d gotten the chance to find her. Together, they’ll learn to love again while freeing themselves from an MC who didn’t like to lose.

My review

This is the first book I have read from this author. Since I met her at Romancing the Capital 2019 and I liked most of the book I get from romance convention, I thought I should give her a chance. I choose this book because it’s not only talking about romance, but also about mental health and cancer, two important subjects for me.

After I read the back cover, I thought Ivy just broke up with a boyfriend when she met Tymber, but I was wrong. This author is great with surprise. Since it’s about romance, you can guess how the novel will end, but the author has her own way to get her characters there. I am not a fan of man with tattoo or motorcycles, but it was great to get out of my comfort zone. I am not saying that I will get every book with that type of guy in the cover, but I liked Tymber. He was mysterious, sweet and very protective of Ivy. She felt guilty about what happens at the beginning and when she explained it, I got tears in my eyes.

I love the fact their relationship is developed before they get in bed. At least, we have time to understand the main characters and get attached to them before things get serious. These two meet each other at the point of their lives where they both needed each other's support. Cancer is also a huge topic in this book and it’s important to discuss it even though it’s a male or female who have to live with it. I like the fact that family is important to them and it’s a value you find in this book. I just wish the story was longer. I did not saw the time past and I finished it in less than a day.

Reading this book was like being in a rolling coaster, sometimes I laughed and I cried reading the next line. I recommend it to everyone who like romance and feel lot of emotions in the same time.

Excerpts

" I don’t know what your past relationships were, but from the look on your face, I figure you must’ve only been with assholes. Ivy, there ain’t a man or woman alive who should make you feel as though you were worthless. "

" Now, where were we? Oh, you thought I was a shallow beotch who couldn’t love you because of your scars, or the fact you kicked cancer’s ass? Silly man, I’d love you even if you were a roadmap of scars. We all have scars, some are outside like yours, but some are inside, like mine. "


1 commentaire:

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...