lundi 12 août 2024

Chasing Melody by Erin Cristofoli

 



Published on November 23, 2020

262 pages

I read the paperback version

Back Cover

Chase Brighton is a dick. Elle Holloway needs a job that will get her off of her friends couch. When one practically lands in her lap, she is determined to snag it even though the job description is vague. But when she learns that she will be working for the world famous rock star Chase Brighton, her confidence begins to waiver. Chase might make her heart race, but his attitude sucks. He is cocky and moody. He even accuses her of wanting her fifteen minutes of fame. But he is also a single dad to the most adorable little girl—and he needs Elle to be his nanny.

Heading out on tour, the last thing Chase needs is to be confined on a bus with a woman as sexy as Elle. It’s enough to drive a man insane as his thoughts are filled with fantasies of her instead of the music he should be focused on. To keep her at arm’s length, he gives Elle a hard time at every opportunity. As their attraction grows, they struggle to keep it professional, but sometimes fate has plans of its own. When the downsides of Chase’s fame pour a cold dose of reality on them, can they find a way to make things work, or will their differences pull them apart?

My review

It’s the first book I read from this author and since it’s one of my favorite type of romance and she is one of the organizer of Ignite your soul, I wanted to give it a chance. Once again, I glad I choose wisely. I almost read it on my way back to Ottawa. I couldn’t put the book down. Unfortunately, I had a few chapters left to read, but it didn’t take long before I reach the end.

If you reach fanfic or stories on Wattpad, you will probably read a lot of stories similar to this one. You know the woman who doesn’t look for fame and doesn’t like rockstar, but she ending up falling for him and the singer is a dick at the beginning, but ending up hiding a heart of gold. That’s exactly it, but it what was looking for when I read this novel.

Like in most book, it was hard to choose a favorite character, this time I will go with Elle, the main female character. She is not afraid to step in and say what she really thinks. I think it’s important to have that kind of honesty when you are working for a rockstar. You can say she was attracted to him at the beginning, but she was not a crazy fan who wanted to do anything to have him in her bed. I like her motherly side when she is with Ivy even though she is not her child.

My second favorite character is Ivy. She is a secondary one, but she is so cute that I wanted to hug her the whole time. Even though, she doesn’t have a mom, she seems happy and I need that kind of joy in my life at the moment.

Chase is in third place and not because I didn’t like him, but I have a little preference for the two other characters before him. I like his evolution. He was a complete ass at the beginning, but the reader will understand it was because he was protecting his daughter. He had a lot of females after him, so he didn’t want anyone that he couldn’t trust around Ivy. He seems like a great dad despite his busy schedule and his heart is bigger that we could imagine when he first met Elle and he is more than a popular man. The reader will realize at the end that he is more complicated that this and I think it was I like the most about him.

I recommend it, if you like rockstar romance. I had an amazing time reading it. I did not see the hours flew while I was flipping the page. It was great to be in that world and having fun for a while.

Excerpts

" Look, Mark said some wonderful things and told me that you would be up for just about anything. More importantly, you are the first woman in a long time that hasn’t practically fainted after hearing his name. "

I sighed. " In all honestly, I need this job more than I can express. There would be no risk of my screwing it up by getting doe-eyed just because he is famous. " (p.5)

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Beauty’s Beast by Lee Savino and Stasia Black

  Published on February 2020 224 pages I read the paperback version Back Cover “I’m going to teach you, sweetness. How to give yours...