dimanche 8 octobre 2023

Interview with Crystal St.clair

 


Picture credit : Facebook

Biography

Crystal St. Clair is a busy mom who lives in the multicultural country of Canada. She does not live in an igloo but would love to own a pet beaver who loves maple syrup and pancakes!

Crystal graduated as a law clerk but would love to become a full-time author, writing novels for adults and younger generations.

She can often play soccer with her children while their dog steals the spotlight! She loves making others laugh and writing poetry and other inspiring stories. Once upon a time, Crystal played Momma Bear in a middle school production of The Berenstain Bears and wrote her first A-grade children's story that sparked her interest in creative writing.

Aside from fulfilling her long-time dream and calling as an author, Crystal enjoys helping her community as a volunteer for charitable organizations such as Canine Connect A Care Rescue, Boys' and Girls' Club of London Ontario, and many more. She was also a proud sponsor member of Plan Canada – I Am A Girl Foundation, helping empower girls to break the cycle of poverty for themselves and their communities. Through anthologies and individual sales, Crystal's inspiring words have spread awareness and raised money for causes such as human trafficking and Alzheimer's.

As one of the leading founders of the Ignite Your Soul Author Event, Crystal has helped lead a team to raise proceeds for Bereaved Families of Southwestern Ontario, Wounded Warriors Canada, and National Service Dogs.

Credit : Amazon.com: Crystal St.Clair: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

Questions 

Why did you decide to write romance?

Everyone experiences love, whether it’s a commitment to someone else or yourself. In romance novels, I can share stories that explore love in all aspects from a contemporary standpoint, with some spice, while focusing on self-love, which is essential. There are no limits, and it’s what my readers ‘love’ ;) 

What advice will you give to a new author?

Build your empire, starting with networking with others in the book world. Keep an open mind to different opinions, and start building your reader base. Learn all that you can and do not stop, especially during the most challenging times when you doubt yourself. 

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

It depends on the genre. I write mixed genres and have two pen names, offering something for everyone. I recommend Reflections by Crystal St.Clair if your' go-to' is paranormal. Unexpected Tides will sweep you away if you prefer a small-town romance with some laughs! If you want to shut off your mind for a sexier imagination, I recommend any of my Leather Persuasion Resort books (by Crystal Lynn) for a hot vacation spot!

What struggles did you meet when you wrote the first time for an anthology? 

Time! Managing time could come easy at first, but it depends on the events unfolding in my real life that could take up time for writing. Time flies!

I’m pretty laid-back regarding anthology requirements. I work with any requirements as building blocks for my stories. The word count limit can help when time is running out or cut my story short while my imagination continues (and I’m sure it does the readers’!) A story with a good ending offers a start to a new complete book in the future!

How did you feel when you wrote your first erotica novel? 

It was accelerating, but I was also very nervous. I wondered if I was writing too much sexiness, but I soon discovered that there can never be enough smut! 

What do you like the most about writing?

The therapeutic effects of releasing energy into the stories, but also writing about real memories and real people during specific times of my life where I can reflect on the memories when reading over the story, or a reader mentions a particular scene or quote. I also enjoy the creative outlet - anything is possible!

What are your next projects? 

I wrote Sweet On You, part of Fight Like A Girl Anthology, donating all proceeds to Cancer Research in Canada and the U.S., publishing on October 17th (pre-order available!).

I am writing Out of Reach (horror, zom-com), part of the We Hope They Have Brains Series, publishing on October 31st (pre-order available!). 

Also, I am organizing the third round of books in the erotic romance multi-author series, Of Leather Persuasion Series, publishing on February 14, 2024 (pre-orders are coming soon!). 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...