mardi 19 septembre 2023

Interview with Rachel Hope

 


Biography

Rachel Hope was always writing stories, it just took a couple of romances to put them on the page. Chasing the 'feels' and up for a good laugh, led her down the path of romantic comedies, always including little anecdotes or experiences from her own zany life.  Living in the picturesque province of Quebec with her young daughter and extremely special English Springer Spaniel (Gord), she works full time as an office wunderkind and dabbles in all sorts of other side hustles, along with writing the comedies she's come to love.

Questions

What do you like the most about writing?

I like the freedom to dream about all the what-ifs and could have been, from failed relationships. In a way its giving myself closure with happily ever afters.  I find it’s an escape to fall into a completely made up world, where I still plant little parts of me, and a way to share my fun.

Why did you decided to write romance?

It’s one of my most favourite things to read, and living with a fairly high level of stress, to read and write happily ever afters are my favourite dopamine hits.

Do you write with music? If yes, do you have a special song?

I listen to instrumental music. The Bridgerton soundtrack is all top 40 but instrumental versions and then spotify just goes down into a wormhole of all other kinds of instrumental. Right this very moment, my favourite song is Dawn of Faith by Eternal Eclipse. To listen to that at full volume and feel the music play through you moves me into the zone.  

What are your inspirations when you are writing?

I’m inspired by the meet cute, and how many directions that relationship can go in. The need to see the good in the world. My daughter inspires me to always try harder, and to try to live up to how she sees me on a daily basis.

What advices will you give to a new reader?

In life - Look for the glimmers or joy, you don’t need to have all the big moments, string the little ones together and you’ll see life is pretty good on a daily basis.

In Relationships - believe in yourself and your intuition, if you’re hesitant about something there’s a reason.

What struggles did you meet when you wrote your first book?

The bravery to actually put it out into the world. I struggle with conflict, in my day-to-day life I’m conflict averse and struggle to pour all the angst into the books.  

What are your next projects?

My next project is a small town rom com series. Book one is about halfway done (September 2023) hopefully I’ll have it and book two out in time for Ignite Your Soul.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...