jeudi 17 août 2023

Interview with Marianne Morea

 


Picture credit : Facebook

Biography

She has been married for 30 years, has three beautiful kids, two dogs, and a cat. She is a 2nd degree black belt in traditional Japanese karate, and she loves to travel, and her romantic and spontaneous husband shares that passion with her, so her stories get plenty of inspiration!  

 

She is also a founding member and previous President of The Paranormal Romance Guild, a not-for-profit organization for readers and authors of the genre. Of course, she’s still writing, and when she is not ‘bichok’ (butt in a chair, hands on keyboard), she is off with her hubby and their kids to exciting destinations.

Cat lady? I don't think so.​ 

 

THE PROFESSIONAL

 

She has always been a scribbler. From the time she could write her name she has been making up stories, writing characters and dialogue in the corners of notebooks. In fact, she often has conversations in her head with the characters I create. Some people call that part of the creative temperament, others just call it crazy. It's probably a little bit of both.

 

She does however, has a B.A. in Journalism and a Masters in Fine Art, and with 40 books to date, she has got some street cred, as her teenagers say.  So here she is. Living her dream.

 

Credit : Marianne Morea




Thank you Marianne Morea for the picture 


Questions

 

Do you have a routine that helped you to write so many books?


I don’t have a routine other than coffee and quiet. I use noise cancelling headphones to help muffle noise. Since my husband works from home, the phone is constant. Same for dogs barking. The headphones help me stay in the zone. Most times, my deadlines have been pressure deadlines, or hostage deadlines, a phrase I coined in the last few years for when I have more than one book due at the same time. Pressure seems to help hyper focus my writing, but it can be very draining. I definitely don’t recommend my burn and bust process.


What do you like the most about writing? 


What I love most about writing is worldbuilding. I love crafting worlds and the rules that govern my supernatural characters. Recently, I wrote a debut fae fantasy novel where I had to build Fae realms and the characters and lands within. It was so much fun. 


What advices will you give to a new author?


Advice for new authors… hmmm… that’s a tough one. My advice would be do your research, build your worlds, but don’t get lost in the sauce. Don’t go down the research rabbit hole so much so you lose the story plot and stall the forward movement of your story. Another piece of advice I can offer, also from personal experience, is vet the people you take advice from… especially when it come to where you spend your marketing/ad dollars. Plenty of “experts” claim to have the answers, cost a fortune, and then don’t deliver. Brutally honest, there’s no magic bullet. Do your own due diligence in your genre, learn the basics of ads per their respective platforms, and try different avenues without breaking the bank. 

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader? 

Which if my books would I recommend? I have three pen names for three different genres, so it would depend on what the reader was looking for in a series. For YA, I would recommend Hollow’s End, book one in my Legend series, written as M.A. Morea. For Paranormal Women’s Fiction, I would say Jeepers Reapers, book one in my There Goes My Midlife Crisis series, written as Marianne Dambry. For spicier reads, I would say any of my first in series written asMarianne Morea. My book, Blood Legacy, is the first in my vampire fantasy fiction series Cursed by Blood Vampires, and it’s dark and delicious. 


 Do you listen music when you are writing? If yes, do you have a special song?

I don’t listen to music when writing. I find it distracting. If a book and characters call for inspiration in music, I will listen to instrumental. I listened to the soundtrack to the film, Young Victoria, when I wrote certain scenes in my book Condemned, also one of my vampire fantasy fictions. 

What are your future projects? 


I have a few things in the pipeline for future projects, including a supernatural syndicate series, but most importantly, there is a new pen name and a new genre in the works. Hint…hint… Historic Fiction Romance aimed for summer 2024! 😊


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...