vendredi 12 mai 2023

Interview with Catherine Mckenzie

 


Biography

Catherine McKenzie was born and raised in Montreal, Canada. A graduate of McGill in History and Law, Catherine practiced law for twenty years before leaving the practice to write full time. An avid runner, skier and tennis player, she’s the author of numerous bestsellers including HIDDEN, FRACTURED, THE GOOD LIAR and I’LL NEVER TELL. Her works have been translated into multiple languages and PLEASE JOIN US and I’LL NEVER TELL have all been optioned for development into television series.

Credit for bio and picture: Bio | Catherine McKenzie

Questions

What inspires you the most when you are writing?

The story I’m writing, but I usually also write to music.

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

You Can’t Catch Me of course!

Which struggles did you meet when you wrote your first novel?

The book has many characters named Jessica. Keeping them all straight on the page, and for the reader, was a challenge.

The first novel that I wrote (Arranged, Sur Mesure) was a challenge because I didn’t know if I could write an entire novel where nothing that happened in the book had happened in real life.

What advice will you give to a new author?

Read, read, read. Also study the best books you’ve read to see why they were appealing for you. And finally, make sure you are obsessed with the story you want to tell. You’ll be writing it for a long time.

What do you love the most about writing?

Taking an idea from my head and letting it take shape on the page.

What are your next projects?

I just released a rom-com under the name Katie Wicks, Hazel Fine Sings Along, and my next thriller, Have You Seen Her, is coming out June 27th!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...