lundi 3 avril 2023

Interview with Anne Lange

 

Biography

She has been reading since she can remember. From the Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drew to Anne of Green Gables and Danielle Steele before she expanded to horror, mystery, and then finally discovering her mom’s stash of Harlequins. Romance became her passion and reading her escape, and it still is today. Sometimes, she get so engrossed in the stories, she loses track of the world revolving around her. But she has to say, she never ever considered that she would one day become a published author herself! And she started late too, not beginning this career until her mid-forties. Her first book came out in January 2013.

Anne reads most genres of romantic fiction, her favorite being romantic suspense or a sexy military romance. She writes sexy to sizzling stories with one or maybe even two sexy heroes for the heroine to find and play with. And, there’s always a happily ever after.

Anne is a wife and a mom, a Project Management Professional, and an author. She lives in Eastern Ontario with her husband. They have three children, two of which still live at home, two dogs, and a Chinese Water Dragon.

Her goal is to retire from the day job in a few years so she can devote many more hours to creating stories. She has got so many ideas sitting patiently on the back burner just waiting for their turn to spice up your evening.

Credit : About | Anne Lange (authorannelange.com)

Questions

What do you like the most about writing?

Personally, I like the editing part the best. I hate writing that first draft. Rarely do they come easy.  I’ve always been creative – drawing, knitting, quilting, cooking, and baking. So I’m just creative at heart.  And I love to read fiction. I guess I just like to dream. I like to imagine myself in their lives, living their experiences.

Why did you decided to write erotica?

I don’t actually consider my stories as erotica since sex is not the core of the story. I write contemporary romance, some stories are just a whole lot sexier than others.  But they all have a loving, romantic relationship at the heart of the story.  Really, the sex is just an added bonus.  And I chose to go that path because I like the fantasy of it. I want to see what happens to them behind the closed door. Their story, their connection, their love for each other doesn’t stop at the threshold of their bedroom. If you want to know their whole story, you need to be a fly on the wall at all times.

What advice will you give to a new author?

It’s not as simple as some people will lead you to believe.  And frankly, writing the very first story itself is the easiest part of the whole process. After that all the hard work begins. It’s fun, but it is hard work.  You need to go into it understanding what it takes to write, edit and publish that book, and then what’s required to market it. You need a plan. And you also need to start your next book. So do your research. Take courses and workshops to learn the craft. Understand the rules of your genre (yes there are rules for each). Understand the market for that genre – what the readers like and what they don’t like. Establish your brand early – people need to know who you are and what they can expect from you. Start networking early. Just writing the book and publishing it, won’t sell it. You need to sell it. And you need to do it in such a way that you’re not say “buy my book”. 

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

I would recommend my bestselling book, Friends with Benefits. It’s the first book in The Vault series, and is the second book I wrote. You can find out about it here: https://authorannelange.com/books-2/friends-with-benefits/

Which struggles did you meet when you wrote your first novel?

I was learning the craft at the same time I was writing my first two stories, all while I was raising a family and working. I joined an on-line writing group that offered courses. It taught me a lot about the business and the craft of writing. I also didn’t know anybody else who wrote, certainly no one who wrote romance, so I had no support network. It wasn’t until I was just about to release my first book that I found a local writing group and started to meet people online. Some of those people are very close friends of mine now and we continue to support each other every day. In this business you need that network, otherwise it can be very lonely.

What inspires you the most when you are writing?

Images. I’m very visual, so I see an image, a book cover, and I get a story idea. I’m a pantser, so I don’t get much more than that in the moment. But once I’m ready to write, I sit down and focus on the story that needs to be told. I stay inspired by concentrating on the story I’m currently telling, which isn’t easy when another great image comes across my line of sight. J

What are your next projects?

I have a full schedule for the next two years with about 12 releases each year.   My next release is on April 27th, Fling with a Billionaire, part of the Romancing the Billionaire Anthology.  You can pre-order it here: https://geni.us/RomancetheBillionaire.

Thank you for allowing me to spend some time here today! I really appreciate it. Happy reading everyone!

 

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...