vendredi 18 novembre 2022

Interview with Whitley Cox


 

Biography

Whitley Cox is an English Major turned Psych Major, who after all was said and done came out with a B.A. in Psychology, and then subsequently moved to Indonesia to teach English. But after finding out that the school was not on the up and up (when Immigration came to scope out the teachers she was forced to hide in a closet because the school had not actually purchased a work permit for her), she broke her contract and took off traveling. Only to then return home and start working with children on the Autism spectrum as an intervention therapist, and begin writing her first book.

A Canadian West Coast baby born and raised, Whitley is married to her high school sweetheart, and together they have two beautiful daughters and a fluffy dog. She spends her days making food that gets thrown on the floor, vacuuming Cheerios out from under the couch and making sure that the dog food doesn’t end up in the air conditioner. But when nap time comes, and it’s not quite wine o’clock, Whitley sits down, avoids the pile of laundry on the couch, and writes.

A lover of all things decadent; wine, cheese, chocolate and spicy erotic romance, Whitley brings the humorous side of sex, the ridiculous side of relationships and the suspense of everyday life into her stories. With single dads, firefighters, Navy SEALs, mommy wars, body issues, threesomes, bondage and role-playing, Whitley’s books have all the funny and fabulously filthy words you could hope for.

Credit for bio and picture : Whitley Cox | Contemporary Erotic Romance Author

Questions

Why did you decided to write romance?

My husband and I went on a six-month backpacking trip for our honeymoon in 2012-2013 and I read a lot of romance books while traveling. Some of the books were amazing and I read them three times while others left me frustrated because the heroine was just so freaking stupid. It was these books that had me going “I can write a better heroine than this” and so when we returned home to Canada and back to reality, I started writing. It was more of just a hobby, but one book turned into two, which turned into three and four and so on. So I joined the Vancouver Island Romance Authors and the rest is kind of history.

 

Did you Psychology major helped you with your writing and how?

It helped me get into the way people behave. I am obsessed with birth order, so I use a lot of that and the personality traits that typically present themselves with people given their birth order. I also used to work with children on the autism spectrum, so that really helped when I wrote Hired by the Single Dad since Mark’s son had ASD.

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

Hired by the Single Dad, Quick & Dirty, Mr. Gray Sweatpants and Not Over You are the ones I typically recommend to people.

What advice would you give to a new author?

Make connections, listen, adapt and be humble. Go in with an open mind and the flexibility to change your opinions, ideas and expectations. Also, this is a marathon career choice, don’t get discouraged when your first published book doesn’t become a NYT Bestselling title. Keep at it.

What inspires you to write stories about firefighters and Navy SEALs?

I’m attracted to brains, but I also know my readers like a hero who can protect and take care of their heroine not only by stimulating her mentally, but also physically protecting her. First responders and military heroes sell well.

What are your future projects?

I have a sixteen-book single mom and single dad interlocking series planned. I also plan to finish the Young Sisters, write the Brandt Sisters stories and continue with my new RH penname.

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...