mercredi 5 octobre 2022

Selena’s Men – Ravens of war by Elle Boon

 


Published on September 6th, 2019

320 pages

Back Cover

A Goddess unknown by all even herself…

Stolen from her birth parents as an infant, Selena lived her life as a normal human, loved by her adoptive parents until tragedy took them from her. Life had given her more knocks than most could take, but she was determined to survive, even when faced with death. Until she came face-to-face with two men who offered her so much more. But could she face what loving them could cost her?.

A set of demi-gods…

Max and Malcolm King were once warriors called the Ravens of War for Zeus. They've searched the Earth for the one woman to complete them. They've fought alongside battlefields for thousands of years, protecting humanity from demons and beings bent on destroying all that's good in this world. Now that they've found their Fated, the one female who they'd give their life for. Will it be for nothing when they find out who her father is?

Are they doomed before they ever begin?

They're determined to keep Selena safe, knowing every way to kill a man or demon, yet neither were prepared for the ultimate foe to resurface. They'd help defeat Cronus, the God who was bent on destroying Zeus and all the other Gods and Goddesses on Olympus all those years ago, however it seems they'd not done a good enough job. Somehow the God has found a way to wreak revenge and this time he's taken something more precious than Olympus. Will the Ravens be able to save Selena this time, or will they lose the most important thing, their Fated?

My review

I would like to recommend it to 18 years and older people. Some scenes in the books are really detailed for teenagers. It’s a mixt of romance, erotic and intrigue. Normally, I am not a huge fan of threesome, but I am more open when it came to fiction and the sex scenes are well written. I just wish they took the time to know each other before getting in bed. Fortunately, you have to wait almost hundred pages before it’s happening.

I was intrigued by the book because of the first name of the character Selena. I was a huge fan of Sailor Moon when I was young and her name was pretty close to the protagonist in the first version plus Selena is the goddess of the moon, one more point for her. I like the fact she starts her own business. It took time, but I also wish I could know why she wanted to get her own club and own did she got the idea. She is a strong woman with a good sense of humour, but I think her best friend Tamara is funnier. I wish I could read her story right away. She is the protagonist in the next novel.

Zeus is my second favorite character in this book. He is the only one who make me laugh and smile. Not that I did not like Max and Malcolm, but the fact Zeus is a overprotective father could not stop make me smile. It’s not the same image of him I had in mind before I start to read this story.

The author surprise me with the antagonist. I never heard of Cronus before and the fact he was in the same family than Zeus added some tension in the story and I admit he was a get enemy. We understood why he acted the way he did. I will let you guess if he will come back in the next book.

I still wonder what are the difference between Max and Malcolm knowing that they are almost always together in the book. We can guess who is talking and what they are going, but there is not really different in their personalities. It’s something I wish I saw more. Some clues that will give a chance at the reader to distinct them.

Excerpts 

Zeus could hear the uncertainty in her tone. " Woman, are you asking if you ‘re too old, or if I’m too old? " (p.2)

She took a sip of the nirvana. Blissful cream and sugar laced coffee met her taste buds, exactly how she liked her morning drink. Her eyes closed as she savored her first taste. (p.28)

" You must be Malcolm? " Even though she knew it, she wanted to make for sure.

He looked at his brother, then turned a wide grin back to her. " Yep..that’s me. I’m the better looking, smarter, and all around best twin. "(p.115)

Although she had only just met Malcolm and Max face-to-face, she already knew they held a part of her soul. Her mind turned to mush, and her bones like jelly, just from the searing looks they gave her. She could feel her heart pounding in anticipation of the night to come, and answering throb at the heart of her. It was maddening to want them so much when it had taken Tim two years to get into her pants. (p.187)

"Yes. Yes it is. Look at me. I look like an idiot, and that job is saved for your two idiots, not me, " Zeus said. He pointed at the door where Max and Malcolm were getting ready. (p.284)

My interview with the author 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Le chant des braises de Fanny Rainville

  Publié chez libre expression le 10 avril 2024 304 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture « Mes racines se désagrègent en con...