mardi 23 août 2022

Interview with Tricia Daniels

 


Credit : Tricia Daniels

Biography

Tricia Daniels lives in a small town in Southern Ontario, Canada, where she raised three kids as a single parent. Creativity and imagination is something there is never a short supply of in her home. Between her quick wit and wicked sense of humor she found that she has a passion for writing steamy romance novels. Her goal is simple, tell her story, warm a few hearts, shed a few tears, share a silent chuckle, and occasionally, make people blush.

Love inspires her to write. She loves when the characters take over the story and plot twists develop that she hadn't planned.  She loves when you read and you get all warm and squishy at the good parts. She loves the journey to the HEA even though sometimes that road has a lot of bends in it. She loves how two imperfect characters can love each other perfectly. Her reward, her inspiration is experiencing through them, a love so deep that she feels it in her own heart.

Credit : BIO | Tricia Daniels (authortriciadaniel.wixsite.com)

Questions

What inspire you the most when you are writing?

I write my own version of Romance that touches on ghostly spirits and interventions from loved one who have passed because I’m inspired by the history of the characters and the importance of family. Inspiration comes also from the connection I make with the story and journey of imperfect people creating a perfect love. Romance I can relate to.

Which struggles did you met when you wrote your first romance?

Writing was not something I learned about in school. When I wrote my first story I was trying to get thoughts and ideas out of my head and on to paper. When my friend finally convinced me to publish the story it was a 190K word paragraph with no punctuation. Then I had no connections or networks to the book world. Everything was new and unknown.

What is the difference between a series and a stand-alone?

A stand-alone story is one that can be read without having to have knowledge of or read other stories prior to understand the story line. Some series must be read in order as each book is a progression of the story. Such as my Bound4Ireland series. However, My ‘Love in the Hills of the Headwaters’ series contains stand alone stories that can be read in any order. The thing that links them to the series is the actual geographical location in which each story takes place.

What advices will you give to a new author?

Research your genre. Join groups on social media specifically for those genre’s and form focus or beta groups of readers who will help you with feedback before you publish. Social media/marketing and networking are important, line up friendly blogs to help you promote. If you’re writing a series or trilogy… write the entire thing first and stagger the release dates. There’s nothing worse than releasing the first book in a series that gets readers and blogs excited and then tell them they have to wait a year for the next one.

Which one of your books will you recommend to a new reader?

Normally I ask the reader what they normally read. If they like lots of angst and a highly erotic read then I would go with my trilogy Bound4Ireland and the first story called ‘Intractable Souls.’ If they prefer hometown romance with a lower heat level then Behind the Tangerine Door is the one I’d suggest.

What do you like the most about writing?

The best thing about writing is escaping from reality and let my imagination run wild.

What are your next projects?

I have new novels in the works in both series I hope to release in the next year, but I’m also writing a fantasy novel about a strong woman, fighting demons (literally) and saving the world. It will be the first story I’m writing in this genre, but this story is begging to be told so I’m jumping in!

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...