mardi 23 août 2022

Interview with Allison M. Cosgrove

 

Credit : https://www.amazon.com/Ms-Allison-Cosgrove

Biography

Allison Cosgrove was born and raised in a suburb of Toronto, Ontario. A married mother of three daughters, she runs her own business by day and creates fictional worlds by night. She enjoys spending time with her husband and daughters, hiking in the woods, or sitting by the fire reading a good book. She’s been a lover of reading and writing detective mysteries from the age of twelve, but it has only been since the birth of her youngest that she has gotten serious about crafting some of her own works for others to enjoy. She credits her family and friends with being the driving force which has given her the strength to breathe life into her stories.

Credit : BIO | Allison M Cosgrove (allisoncosgrove.com)

Questions

What do you like the most about writing?

There are so many things that I enjoy but the thing that really drives me and makes me love what I do is the readers. I enjoy crafting worlds that they can get lost in for a few hours and where reality and all its struggles ceases to exist for a time.

Which struggles did you met when you wrote your first novel?

Disbelief in myself and my skills. Its something a lot of us struggle with—the whole “are we good enough? Is this good enough? Is this my best work? What if people done like it?”. Being an author isnt for the feint at heart, we battle through a lot of stuff we never talk about.

What are the differences between writing a novel and a short story?

I have issues with shorts. I don’t particularly enjoy being confined to shorter work because I don’t feel I can flesh out my world/characters/situations as much as I would like.

Do you use a plan when you write a thriller? Is it more complicated than writing a romantic suspense?

Yes and know. I usually have a good idea of where I am going with either of them and tend to plot as I go (a few chapters/scenes) ahead of where I am. For me both are written the same ways.

What advices will you give to a new author?

DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. EVER.  It is going to be hard, tough, life is going to get in your way, youre going to doubt yourself but don’t you DARE give up. Learn, read and WRITE. Write as often as you can, write wherever you can. Don’t stop. Don’t quit. You’ve got this. I promise. The world needs you.

What are your next projects?

I am currently working on a rebrand/relaunch of my backlist, as well as some new goodies in BOTH genres. Nothing specific as of yet, but facelifts take time, so we are focusing on that at the moment.

 

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...