mardi 16 août 2022

Gorilla on the hiss by Jodi Kendrick

 

Published on August 16th, 2022

212 pages

Back cover

A spoiled kitty. A repentant gorilla. A secret love affair.

Katharine Karak’s shiny new job at the FUCN’A is all about teaching cadets how to fit in with the one percent.

Zeek LeBrute swore he’d never return to the fight rings. Instead, he’s been teaching Academy cadets what he knows about fighting to survive.

No one knew that Katz and Zeek had a brief secret affair that changed their lives forever.

Neither had any idea their new paths were about to collide and set their plans ablaze in a sizzling dance of resistance to distracting passions.

When Darcy Karak and Caleb Terry ask them for help on their first big FUC case as agents, Katz and Zeek are faced with hard decisions for their families, the shifter community…and themselves.

How can this passionate kitty resist becoming distracted by such a hot gorilla to focus on her goals?

This gorilla may have to overcome his kitty’s hisses with kisses to prove it isn’t too late for them.

My review

First, I would like to thank the author for letting me review this review. I am grateful she renews her trust every time she wrote a new story. This is book #31 of Eve Langlais' Furry United Coalition Newbie Academy (F.U.C.N.’A.) EveL Worlds. I am still trying to get used to this world with many characters. Fortunately, you do not have to read them all to understand each book. This one is about two protagonists: Zeek, a gorilla and Katharine, a kitten.

I felt it was a romance that was happening in the beginning of the 20’s century when the parents have to agreed the person you are going to married. Katz is a funny character, but at the beginning I was wondering why she did not come clear with her parents and tell them she loved Zeek and nothing will change that. She seems like a strong woman and I enjoyed reading her story and see how she deal working with her former lover.

Zeek is a nice guy. I like meting characters like him in romance. He is a patient man. He waited until Katz realized she could not live without him and he had no idea why she ghosted at first. The whole time, I was curious to know the reason why. There is also another story line that will keep the reader hocked until the last chapters.

I saw a few characters for honeyed Nut coming back in this novel, but you don’t have to read it before. It was just nice to see Bryah again. I think she is my favorite character of the whole series. 

My review of Honeyed Nut

My interview with the author 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...