samedi 19 juin 2021

Interview with Shannyn Leah

 


Biography

USA TODAY Bestselling romance author Shannyn Leah loves olives, lip gloss and reading (and writing) romance novels. Her love of words started at an early age and soon grew until, during her teenage years, she’d started writing her own novels. When her mom pushed to finally publish some of the stories, she quickly amassed two complete romance series. In 2018, she joined romance author Kelly Moore and together, they co-wrote the first season of The CRD series.

When she's not writing contemporary romance books into the early hours of the morning, Shannyn can be found antiquing with her two favorite people, her momma and sister, in their picturesque London, Ontario hometown.

Shannyn would love to get to know her readers as you get to know her (just don’t send her any carrots!)

For extras, check out Shannyn’s webpage here: 
www.shannynleah.com 

If you enjoy Shannyn’s books, please join her Facebook page here to share the love: 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shanny... 

And if you would like to contact Shannyn directly, email her at 
Shannynleah@gmail.com

Credit : https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13577545.Shannyn_Leah

Questions

Which of your novels do you recommend to a new reader and why?

Dax! If you’re looking for your next swoon worthy, fire fighter, grab the Kleenex, fall in love, romance read, it’s all about Dax. He’s my first bad boy, and a fan favorite. But, if you’re looking for a laugh out series, it’s all about The Davenports (the CRD series.) This dysfunctional family will have you buckling at the side and wondering, “what did I just read?!” … but in a good way.

Why did you decide to write romance instead of another genre?

I’m a romance junkie. Happily Ever Afters soothe my soul. And the messier the journey there, the better. My love of romance started with Beauty and the Beast, and the second I opened my first harlequin paperback, in the book nook in the corner of my family-run shop, I was hooked.

Why did you decide to self-publish?

I didn’t! I had actually strayed away from my writing, and in 2015 my momma demanded one of my books, complete from beginning to end. I couldn’t find any of my old work (I have since then, don’t you worry), so I wrote Lakeshore Secrets in a month and handed it over to her. This was the beginning of my beautiful writing journey. My momma found an editor, cover designer and she self-published my book.

What are your inspirations?

Life. Every day life inspires me. My family, friends, the funny things that happen around me (I love a little humor in my books), the quirky sayings, conversations I here, what-if scenarios that play in my head. I went to an pop-up market with my sister a few years ago. It was in the backyard of a consignment store where people sell their handmade soaps, clothes, art (my sister, her jewelry), and I loved the e atmosphere, the people, the friends, the support. I loved it so much, it became inspiration for my upcoming book, Anchor his Soul, in the Cinnamon Bay World. My heroine Coco Winds, has opened a small shop where they host quaint, fun pop-ups. And, if you want a giggle. The hero and heroine of Anchor his Soul recently had name changes. They now go by Damon (hero) and Coco (heroine). And although nothing seems out of the ordinary about those names, they came about through multiple everyday conversations with my Cinnauthors (the wonderful women behind A Cinnamon Bay world.) I’m known for typos in my messages and just recently, I wrote a message to them and at the end meant to add “xoxo” and it ended up being “coco”. That same day, another typo popped up as “Damon.” We were joking and I said, “I’m going to add those two names in a CB book.” And I did.

Do you read other genres than romance?

When I was younger, before I found romance, yes! I loved R. L. Stines Fear Street and Christopher Pike. But the second I read my first romance; it’s been me trying to consume all the romance books out there. However, just recently, I’ve dived into the wonderful world of YA and I love all the books I’ve consumed so far.

What are your next projects?

My next project is super exciting and I could brag about this all day and all night! But to sum it up, here you go: “9-year-old C. S. Cowell had a vision. He wanted to co-write a series with his USA Today Bestselling Auntie (Shannyn Leah). Together, they got lost in their own world, and when they stepped out, they’d created Imperium, home of the unknown Superheroes.” We are so excited to share this new series!

My review about Lakeshore Secrets – The McAdam’s SistersBook 1 

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

La chapelière de Marylène Pion

  Publié chez les éditeurs Réunis le 24 avril 2024 376 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture Montréal, 1934. Les malheurs sem...