dimanche 9 mai 2021

Trusting Aaron by Becca Jameson

 


Released May 28th, 2019

185 pages

Back Cover

Her innocence gives him pause… Her baggage is a red flag

Hope can’t marry a man who doesn’t love her. She won’t. It would be better to flee the church and jump into the first car that pulls up out front.

Aaron is late for the wedding, but why in the hell is the bride running toward his car, fluffy tulle in her hands, and why does she jump inside and tell him to drive?

Aaron hardly knows the bride, but it doesn’t take long to realize two things: she’s running from her problems, and she’s far too innocent for a man like him.

This runaway bride is on a mission, however. Lose her virginity and learn everything she can about submission. If Aaron won’t help her, Hope will find someone who will.

My Review

This is the second book I read from this author and I feel like I am changing my reading habits every time I start one.  I still have Claiming London on my pile, but I wanted to start with this one because I had more connection with Hope.

I won’t lie to you that I was disappointed by 50 Shades of Grey and I never wanted to feel that way again. When I learned the main character was a virgin, I thought about Anna. I am glad Hope is different. She already knows she wanted to changed her life. This is the point I connected the most with her and she was open to asked lots of questions before getting in a D/s. I was a little scared to read a complete cliché when Hope left her husband-to-be at the altar, but she surprised me. She decided it was time to move one before it was to late. Yes, she should have realized it sooner, but it took a discussion with her sister to learned that she wasn’t happy with him and he was only playing with her. I am glad, he is not a huge part of the book because I am not sure I would love that type of character. I loved reading Hope's evolution from a good girl to a woman who finally takes charge of her life. At the beginning, I was almost agreeing with Aaron and I was seeing her as a spoiled little girl. The only thing that brother me is the entire book is happening in two weeks. I found it fast for the characters to developed a deep trusting relationship. Hopefully, they already knew each other before she canceled her wedding.

I think Aaron is a great character too. I wish we knew him more, so I could get attached or put him on my BookBoyfriend list. Most of the story is about Hope. Aaron does not talk much about himself and I feel like he just wanted to show his lifestyle to her because she insisted. We know he was a soldier before and that’s explain a lot about his personality.

Another thing that I love was the road trip about the stated, I wished it was longer. I feel like 185 pages is not enough to cover a complicated relationship. It’s took a while before Hope opened to him and it was because her sister told Aaron the truth before it was too late.

I would recommend it to someone who likes erotica. There is not sex scene at every page and every scene add something to the story, but this is not a sweet romance. I feel like the author know her subject and I learn a lot every time I open one of her books. I love her writing and I never found a dull or a redundant moment. I have meet her two years ago and her cover catch my eyes and I am glad I follow my instinct.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...