mardi 18 mai 2021

Lakeshore Secrets – The McAdam’s Sisters Book 1 by Shannyn Leah

 


Published March 10th, 2015

284 pages

Back Cover

Kate McAdams was forced six years ago to leave her beloved hometown of Willow Valley, leaving behind her family and the only man she’s ever loved, Marc Caliendo. Although she has created a new life for herself away from the drama, secrets and stress of the small town, she must return upon her grandmother’s death. Her return brings back wonderful memories, especially of Marc, but also horrible fears from the past.

When fate throws her and Marc together once again, how can they ignore the everlasting love and desire between them? Will Kate stay and face her demons or will the deceit and secrets of the past destroy any future they may have and force her to leave again

My review

This book was in my TBR pile since I meet the author at Romancing the Falls two years ago and I wonder why I waited so long to read it. The cover and the title catched my eyes and I am glad I decided to give it a chance.

I recommend it to people who likes romance. Family and love are the two main themes of the story and I am pretty sure the readers will enjoy it. I find it interesting that almost everyone has a secret especially Kate who is full of surprise. If you read romance or watch romantic movies you might find that some parts of the plot are cliché, but I think the author twisted it in her own way and I was not disappointed. I won’t lie to you; I was not so surprise when Kate tells her secrets at Marc expect the last one and reader might guess it if they are used to this genre. Even though, I wanted to know more about this character. You know from the first chapter that she is not completely honest with Marc and I wanted to discover why. You get easily attached to her.

I am still undecided when it came to Marc. Normally, it’s the guy who is the mysterious character but not this time. He seems to be a nice guy and expect the time he made a plan he made with Kate ‘sister. I always thought he was the only normal character in the book. I wish he was more mysterious, but it was fun to see a nice guy as a main character for once.

The only thing that bothers me is the number of siblings. It was hard for me to keep up when everyone was together for dinner. Fortunately, the story is really about Marc and Kate so it’s easy for me to get back on track. Each of them has their own personality and I want to know more about them. If I did not have so many books to read, I would give a chance to the rest of the series.

I hope you likes dramas. Sometimes, I prefer to read this type of books so I can escape from reality and this time it’s worked. I was so hocked by the story and I could not put it down. I love that it was a sweet romance book. I read erotica lately and I need to change genre once a while.

The emotions of the characters are well explained and I even felt the characters pain about their grandmother’s death. I love the fact that despite their lost, the McAdam were talking about their new project and I am curious to know if their idea will come true. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Fanny Rainville

  Crédit :  Facebook Biographie Diplômée de l'École nationale de théâtre du Canada, Fanny Rainville écrit et joue pour le Web, la télé...