vendredi 9 août 2019

Dreams of darkness by Eve Langlais







Back cover
 She has no idea who she is. What she is… That doesn’t stop danger from stalking her
Broken in spirit and body, Adara attempts to rebuild her life, but she isn’t keen on remembering her past, especially since her fragmented memories cause pain. However, when the undead come looking for her and she encounters both a werewolf and vampire, she discovers ignorance is not an option.
Adara must battle through the nightmares and peril surrounding her with the help of two men who can’t help being drawn to her fragile, yet strong, spirit. Digging into her past, though, leads to the discovery that sometimes the truth is best left buried.
My review
It’s the third book I read from this author. It’s took me a bit to finish the book and get attached to the characters. I like dark romance and I recommend this book, if you appreciate that genre. Adara  complains in the beginning and it take time before she takes control of her life and wants to remember her life, but I enjoyed seeing her evolution. 
My favorite character is Logan, the werewolf, which is a surprise because I did not like them until I read Bitten. I found his friendship with Titus amusing. Normally, Vampire and werewolf don’t work together, but they made an exception to save Adara.
I have to say that since it’s the first book of the series, the action is a little slow at the beginning (If you don’t count the zombies fights), so it gives a chance at the reader to know the characters more.
 If you like the first book, don't wait too long to read the second to get all the answers at your questions. 
Also my review about Jamais deux sans trois

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comme une ombre – Une enquête de Léa Beaumont de Kim St-Pierre

  Publié chez les éditions Goélette le 2 mars 2023 228 pages Lu en format papier 4 e de couverture L’enquêtrice Léa Beaumont est dé...