mercredi 11 mai 2022

Arrangement with a Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaire Brothers Book 1) by Mandy Rosko

 

Published on April 26th, 2016

407 pages

Back cover

Payback. Punish. Lust. Love?

Isla King's family business was taken over by Calendri Corp, leaving her family in shambles. Now she's in Arturo Calendri's high rise office to beg for some mercy since he's the new CEO. His reputation as a bad boy doesn't scare her. Not much, anyway. When face to face with him, however, he reminds her of one tiny little detail that she might've forgotten.

That time she told him off in her family's boutique. Oops...

Arturo is holding all the cards and incredibly happy about it, and if Isla wants the family business back, she's going to have to agree to a little arrangement. Spend four weeks with him in his lonely mansion, being owned and claimed by him, or go home with nothing.

My review

This book was published 6 years ago and I had it on my pile since the first time I went to Romancing the capital. I was in the mood to read a romance in English and this novel was calling me. I did not regret my choice. It’s my favorite book from this author so far. If you read Harlequin books before, you might find some point in common. It’s not the first time a girl falls in love with a Billionaire, but Isla is also rich and she wanted to save her family business.

Another thing that is different, the main character is not looking for love. At the beginning, she did not even like him. I did not like Arturo as well, but my opinion changed while I was reading. He is not perfect, he can be a jerk by the way he acts with Isla, but I liked to know more about him and I love characters like him in books.  A woman can dream even if it’s for a short moment.

My favorite scene was when Arturo meets Isla's parent. I was not expecting something like this. He made me smile, cry and angry at the same time. 

I did not feel it was a 400 pages novel, the writing is fluid, interesting and I wasn’t bored at all while I was reading. All chapters bring something to the story, the tension between the characters in perfect and I recommend it if you like romance. I also have a second book in my pile and I might read it soon. I also suggest it for adults, since there are a few erotica scenes in it. There are not super explicit, but it might be too much for a teenager.

Excerpt

" You can’t just walk up to a woman you don’t know and ask her to fuck you "

" Why not? "

Isla sputtered, " It’s not…it’s not…."

"Appropriate? So what? "

"What do you mean, so what? You can’t just do that " Isla never in a million years thought this would happen to her. (p.10)

" I know but technically, I’m using him, too. "

" And he’s making you get rid of your friends on Facebook. What’s next, you can’t call or text me without him seeing what you’re sending? "

She lifted a brow. "That’s a little melodramatic. I don’t think it’s that bad. " (p.47)

 My interview with the author 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Entrevue avec Stéphanie Parent

  Crédit : Marc-Antoine Charlebois ( Stéphanie Parent – Saint-Jean Éditeur (saint-jeanediteur.com) Biographie Stéphanie Parent a travaillé...